Friday, July 27, 2012

Week 29...


One of my all-time favorite musical artists is a guy named Jeremy Enigk. He was the frontman for the bands Sunny Day Real Estate and the Fire Theft. More recently, he has been releasing solo material. Every bit of it is great. His emotive sound, vocal range and inspiring creativity continue to move me. When I listen back to some of his records, complete seasons of my life appear in front of me, incapsulated within the music. They are engrained in my soul.



"Heaven" is from the Fire Theft's 2003 self-titled album. It took my breath away the first time I heard it. So, so good. Let me know what you think.

 Enjoy,

 Christopher


     Recorded July 16-18. I've been missing purity in my voice for a while. Is it tired? Is it allergies? Is it over worked? All I know is, I'm getting frustrated with it. It hasn't been easy for a good long while. "It" isn't there right now. Sorry about that.
     "Heaven" written by the Fire Theft.

3 comments:

  1. Love the concept and your version of "Heaven". Awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe you covered this! not enough people in the world have heard this record. thanks for sharing your version, superb!

    ReplyDelete