Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Week 2


Stevie Wonder is ridiculous. I cannot imagine having that much talent and ability, even through his disability. It is unbelievable. The fact that his music is ever emotionally uplifting makes him that much more inspiring. I loved him early on in my life, but when I saw him on the Cosby Show, he solidified himself as the coolest man ever. Well, maybe second coolest, right behind Mr. Cosby, himself. This song has always made me smile. I think this was the first time I ever really studied the harmonies within it. The vocal rundown on the lines, "When you check it out," and "When you get off your trip," actually frustrated me, vocally speaking. It stopped me in my tracks for a few minutes. That only goes to show his genius. 



We recently used this song as an opener at Ridge Church. I made a note to add it to the list of songs I wanted to record for "52." If you listen closely, just before the first verse starts, you can hear Ames Emmanuel's (my two year old) bicycle bell. He just scored a sweet new Radio Flyer tricycle. Jackpot. I just thought I'd let you in on the big news. Enjoy!

Christopher





Recorded very late in the evening, January 9, 2012.
"Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing," written by Stevie Wonder.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done. And I thought it was kinda funny to hear "I don't speak Spanish" as opposed to the Wonder-man's "I speak, uh, very fluent Spanish" in the intro.

    ReplyDelete