Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Week 6...



This week, I recorded a song that gives you a sneak peek into our everyday life. I am the Music Programming Director at Ridge Church, here in Charlotte. Basically, I get paid to do what I love... Make music. I might have a meeting or two during the week, but most of my time is spent at home. 

My job allows me to be Mr. Mom. I love it. I have five kids ranging from eleven years to ten months. They are all unique. They are all beautiful. I promise, I'm not biased at all. They are all honestly gorgeous. They bring me so much joy. There is nothing better than watching my two older boys interact with their little brother and twin sisters. It gives me a glimpse of the fathers they will become. My two year old, Ames Emmanuel, is normally the center of attention. He loves music, Yo Gabba Gabba and tackling. He already has amazing comedic timing. Anytime I am playing guitar, he lets out an "OHH," then sprints to find his "toowar," (which is a foam pirate's scimitar sword.) He strums, sings and dances. Sometimes he fingerpicks and plays it behind his head. When the song is over, he places said guitar on one of my guitar stands. It is priceless.

Needless to say, there is always a melody floating around our house. If it is not blasting through speakers, it's being sung. I sing while cooking, bathing, changing diapers, getting the mail, brushing my teeth... The list goes on. Ames and I like to sing together; Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, the ABC song, anything from DJ Lancerock. So, yeah, I thought I would record our version of You Are My Sunshine for the whole world to hear.  

Enjoy, 

Christopher




     Recorded between 10:30pm and 2am on February 6-7, 2012. Why did I stay up so late? 
     "You Are My Sunshine," written by Oliver Hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment