Thursday, April 19, 2012

Week 15 & 16...

The week of Easter definitely put a screw into the gears for me. With all the stuff going on with family, church and losing my voice completely, I am playing a little bit of catch up! My plan didn't really change though.
Honor Rose making sure I don't read my book.
This month, my twin daughters turned one! The year has definitely flown by. Every day I fall more madly and deeply in love with these little ladies. Their personalities are shining through. So are their teeth! Honor Rose's came in first; and with such a gap, that I've been calling her "Strahan." Isaiah Jane only had one for about a month, so I called her "hillbilly." We don't sugar coat it over here.

I love my boys, but there is something that changed in the heart of this daddy when those little girls came into the picture. It swells and stirs in my chest, uncontrollably. It escapes my body in the form of tears and sighs; both, filled with joy. It's fierce and protective. Look out future prom dates. Their brothers and I will be waiting up with the lights on.

Isaiah Jane snuggling at a doctor's appointment.


I decided, in honor of my Honor Rose and Isaiah Jane, I would record some lullabies. The first is actually one I wrote for their brother, Ames Emmanuel. It is called "Goodnight, Sweetheart." It is fun and cheesy, I know. Don't hold it against me. Dad's are cheesy, right? From there, I recorded two for the girls. If I have a wild hair, you might hear a couple more this week. We'll see.

Enjoy,

Christopher



     Recorded April 15-19. Sorry about the lateness of it all. Also, this week takes us past a whole hour of free music! I hope you are into it.

Lyrics



Goodnight sweetheart
It's time for sleep
It seems your day
It is complete
You sang some songs
And cried some tears
We made memories
For your years

Goodnight my dear
It's time to dream
Lay down the day
In reverie
'Cause In the morn
There'll be much to do
But if you want
I'll play with you

Because it's heaven when you smile
I'm proud to say that you're my child
From the first time I saw those eyes
I have loved you

Goodnight my love
It's time for bed
So bring that pillow
To your head
I'll turn down the lights
And sing a tune
While you gaze
Up at the moon

My sweetest one
Let's say our prayers
With our God
Our fears we share
Let's think on all
We're thankful for
And all the people
You adore

'Cause you are bigger than you think
He's always listening when you speak
And even when you're feeling weak
He is holding you

My little lamb
It's time to sleep
But don't you worry
Don't you weep
For when tomorrow
Starts anew
I promise I
Will still love you
I'll still love you


The day is all but done
Still the lights are aglow and warm
I keep them on to see your face
Because you are my love

The night is black and cold
But you're always here to hold
I blanket you with songs and prayers
Because you are my love

A life is never long enough
To share all that's inside
But the song of heaven ever rings
It's where our spirits hide

These memories start to fade
But I'm saving all I can
In my heart, there is room enough
Because you are my love



The day that you were born
I could have weathered any storm
For I had never been
As strong as I was then
A flicker into a flame
A life behind a name
This babe, so wonderful
That came and made us whole

The love, the light
The beauty of all that is sacred began
With the touch of your hand
My love, my life was changed from darkness
To ravishing light, the day you were born

Your eyes, deep as the sea
Your breath, it's calming breeze
And pulled by gravity
Your hands, they reach for me

When your heart is broken
And your colors start to fade
I'll pour my love upon you
And wash the hurt away
To me, my child, you've been given
With you, I vow to stay
This lovely tale will have no end
In the light of Heaven's grace
You're my miracle



My love, would you take the time and walk with me today
My hand wants to fill with yours and sway until it's late
Who cares if we're left beyond the wall of daylight's gate
My dear, let the darkness fall and walk with me

Beside the beds where radiant roses bloom
'Neath the rusty light of the rising crimson moon
And all the while the quiet sings a tune
My love, take walk with me tonight

My love, would you take the time and walk with me alone
Who cares, if the clouds roll in and chill us to the bone
My arms they are oh so warm and yours to own

We'll trace the lines of lonely shooting stars
And all the while our frames will never part
I'll tell you just how beautiful you are
My love, take a walk with me tonight

credits

No comments:

Post a Comment