Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Week 25...

Honor Rose tryin' to look fat.
Growing up, I heard a lot about Elvis Presley. My mother has always been a big fan. I remember her telling me the story of where she was when the story broke that he'd passed away. She was in a supermarket. They announced the news over the intercom system. She and everyone else in the store were crying.

This past Friday was my mothers XXth birthday!! She's a super stubborn broad, I'd say, but I love the stuffing out of her. She loves her kids and all 19 grandchildren, (I am responsible for 26.315% of them.) I thought I'd honor the day she was born with the sweet tune, "Love Me Tender." Happy birthday! I love you, Roberta Lee!

Enjoy, 

Christopher

     Recorded June 16-18, 2012. Yesterday, while I was working on vocal ideas for the song, I had a thought. I called my older brother, Levi to see what he was up to. I made him drive over and sing the lower harmony part. I thought mom would like that. Don't worry, I paid him with a homemade gourmet lunch. 
     "Love Me Tender" written by Ken Darby.

No comments:

Post a Comment