Friday, August 31, 2012

Week 34 (Sorta...)

A while back, Patrick Mitchell, the family ministries director at Ridge Church, asked me to play "Lean On Me" for our Student Impact service. I got to work immediately. I didn't want to just do a carbon copy of the original, so I started brainstorming. Somewhere along the way, deep within my brain the song morphed from Bill Wither's "Lean On Me," to Ben E. King's "Stand By Me." I mean, they kinda have the same message and feel, but they are definitely too different to mix up, right? Not for this numbskull. Sure enough, I worked up something I was pretty excited about. Even made a little video for my Sunday bandmates. Later that week, I had a conversation with Patrick. I said, "you are going to like the version of "Stand By Me!" He said, "you mean "Lean On Me, right?" Haha... I had to email my guys immediately to tell them about the confusion. I felt like a dummy.

Anyway, it was not all for loss. Here is my version of "Lean on..." I mean, "Stand By Me."

Enjoy,
Christopher



     Recorded August 28-30, 2012. This song always makes me think of the movie. Then my mind wanders to, "lolly pop, lolly pop. Oh, lolly lolly lolly..." Anyone? Anyone? 
     "Stand By Me" written by Ben E. King, Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller. From the album Don't Play That Song.


No comments:

Post a Comment