Saturday, September 15, 2012

Week 37 (finally back on track...)

This one is pretty simple. I've always loved this song. It's a sweet hymn with a wonderful melody. I left out the third verse. In doing so, my mind wandered back to my old baptist church where the Minister of Music would have said something like this... "Please stand with me as we sing hymn number 337, "Tis So Sweet to Trust In Jesus." We will sing the first, second and fourth verse."

Let me know what you think.

Enjoy,
Christopher

     Recorded September 13, 2012. Speaking of the Minister of Music at my old church... His daughter, Joy was my first big crush. I remember meeting her and her twin sister at Vacation Bible School when I was 5. I started attending the church regularly in 8th grade. From that point up until college, I chased that girl everywhere. Such good memories! I'm lucky that my first effort of the heart was for a good one! 
     "Tis So Sweet" written by Louisa M. R. Stead in 1882. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm afraid you'd be far to rock'n'roll for my old hymn singing church... I like it!

    ReplyDelete