Friday, September 28, 2012

Week 39...

Put these on and listen to Week 39.
My three year old, Ames Emmanuel
calls these a "phone necklace."
My buddy Brett Banks has had 80's fever lately. If you don't know him, you will 'cause he just became a winner of my amazing Twitter contest!! (Fireworks and thunderous applause!) Brett plays bass, or should I say, orchestrates bass... better yet, he makes his bass guitar glow and sing in the band at Ridge Church. I told him that we'd work a Tears For Fears song into a set as soon as I could find a place for it. Last Sunday was the day. I think he had a good time with it. 

If you are bored next week, we will be performing "Everybody Wants To Rule the World" at a FREE CONCERT at Sycamore Commons Shopping Center next Friday, October 5, from 6-8:30 pm. You can come out and eat dinner at one of the many restaurants, have frozen yogurt for dessert, then listen to me and Brett and some other friends play some songs. It should be a good time! We'll have a DJ and a pumpkin patch as well. All proceeds from the pumpkin patch will go to Piney Grove Elementary, a title one school that we at Ridge Church love on as much as we can. Let me know if you have any questions! 

Enjoy, 
Christopher

     Recorded September 27-28, 2012. If you want to come to the concert, the address is 10530 Northeast Pkwy, Matthews, NC 28105. We'll be near the Qdoba. Just to be clear, I like Chipotle way more! Barbacoa for life!! (Chipotle, please send your delicious food to this address... 2 My Mouth! Thanks.) Come out! We'll have a good time. I promise. 
     "Everybody Wants To Rule the World" written by Roland Orzabal, Ian Stanley and Chris Hughes. From the album Songs from the Big Chair

3 comments:

  1. That song brings me back to when my brother and I would sneak the radio into our room at night to listen to secular music without mom hearing. I loved New Wave music...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out Airport Cathedral, an excellent singer-song writer, like yourself, who self-recorded and performed his album Jet Lag. He is the son of worship leader Bob Fitts.

    ReplyDelete